18 January 2012

rambling wednesday

It's a rubberband.  I saw it on Pinterest.  Back up off of me.  This is the sort of thing I love about morning time around here.  I've missed this over the past couple of months.  We drink our coffee and we stare dreamily at our baby girl and we get snarky.  And we perhaps look a little unkempt, except Ike.  He always looks his best.


I wrote this great big blog post yesterday.  It was sage advice.  It contained the secret of the lost city of Atlantis.  It was epic.  But you'll never know that, because once I got it just right the internet gods decided against it.  The whole thing froze up.  I panicked and refreshed the page.  Not a thing had been saved.  And you can't just come back from that.

I talked about this.  And how Zach reached over and grabbed my hand as soon as our eyes met this sight.
 

Time with friends.  And fellowship with people who really love Jesus.  They love Jesus like I wish I did. 

And then I went and took inventory of the pantry.  I decided at the last minute to change up my entire grocery list for a pantry challenge.  This basically means we will only buy meats, fresh produce, and things that spoil for the next couple of weeks.  It means that we are going to use what we already have.  It means that Zach may be coming home to some interesting meals in the next several weeks.

But last night, went like this.


From the pantry I used a half a box of vegetable penne and part of a can of diced tomatoes.  To that I added chicken and fresh mushrooms.  A dash of olive oil and some spices, and voila.  Day one is a success, judging by the fact that there weren't leftovers.  I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment