02 January 2012

gamecocks make history...

Around this house we watch football.  And more than that, we watch Gamecock football.

I grew up watching my brothers play football, and understood very little of the game.  I even did a bit a side-line cheerleading in my younger days and rarely knew whether to pump up the defense or or encourage the offense.

But something clicked in my college days, and my allegiance somehow landed on the University of South Carolina.  I'm not an alumni.  Just a South Carolinian. 

Today, the Gamecocks beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers (rather handily) in the Capitol One Bowl; giving South Carolina their first 11 win season in the schools history.  Go Cocks!  That being said, why not start early in teaching Piper where our "sports fan" allegiance lies...

And how could they lose with a mini-fan that is this adorable?

Although our hope is not in a bunch of college athletes winning or losing a game, it's fun to see our team get a W.
sag

No comments:

Post a Comment