19 January 2012

marion piper two month stats

We visited our pediatrician yesterday morning for baby girl's two month well-child check-up.  Piper had to get three shots in her little leg and we she only cried a little bit.  That's my tough girl.

Dad pretended to have an important call and stepped out of the room for the needles.  I can't say I blame him, not wanting to see his little girl in pain.  He still looks over at her approximately four times a day, breathes a heavy sigh, and says, "Man, I love that girl."  Those two are thick as thieves, I tell ya.



She was cheesing and smiling for our doctor, and had everyone impressed with her head control and alertness.

Now for the fun stuff.  Number crunching and some of my own observations thus far.

  • Piper weighed in at a whopping nine pounds, eight ounces.  She is in the tenth percentile for weight, so she's just a bit of a shrimp.  But she has gained well over two pounds since she was born.
  • Homegirl is now twenty-three inches long, which is in the sixtieth percentile for height.  Up from nineteen inches at birth.
  • The circumference of her noggin is thirty-eight and a half centimeters, which happens to be right at about the fiftieth percentile.  Strangers often comment on the "perfect" shape of her head, and one even asked me if I had her, and I quote, "by c-section or regular?".
  • MPG is a pretty easy-going baby.  Usually if she is crying, it is because she is hungry.  She rarely fusses otherwise.
  • She is beginning to bare weight on her legs, with our help of course.  And those legs are always moving.  She LOVES to kick.
  • Like I said, she is a pro at holding her head up and looking around.  In fact, unless she is sleeping or eating she does not like to be laying down.  
  • Piper has begun really focusing on objects, or people's faces.  She loves to smile at silly voices or faces, and the cooing...heavens the cooing is enough to melt your heart.
  • Don't tell anyone, but I may have taught her how to stick out her tongue.  At first she would mimic me doing it, and now sometimes she does it first.  It adorable right now, but will have to be addressed at a later date.
  • She just discovered this dangling monkey on her play mat, and gets absolutely tickled herself when she hits it and hears the rattle inside.   

We are falling more in love with this kid each day.  We are daily thanking the Lord for His goodness and His faithfulness in our lives, and praying that He would save Marion Piper at a young age.


I'm thinking that I would like a written account of her birth, before the memory leaves me entirely.  I may take the next couple of posts to share that.

sag


No comments:

Post a Comment