06 January 2012

parenthood

Prior to having a baby, I would have categorized myself as a home-body.  Don't get me wrong, homegirl could party (as long as she was home and in the bed by 9pm sharp).  But as it turns out, I love the heck out of my husband's company.  We are both perfectly content to stay in on a Friday night.

Since bringing the darling home, though, I have sort of begun to feel confined.  And I may be longing to go somewhere.  Nowhere in particular.  Just somewhere.

That is why Panera Bread Co. has become my sanctuary.  I'm there right now, in fact.  I can get a bagel for a buck and some change.  I can plug into the internet, free of charge.  Baby girl is pretty content to nap in her carseat right next to me.  And it is here that I do some of my best people watching.  And now that Piper draws a crowd, people meeting.

 Can you blame them for stopping to stare.  She is stunning.


And she has adorably huge feet.  She get's that from her mama.  I can just picture the two of us one day, sitting on my bed together lamenting for the thousandth time the fact that God gave us such big feet, while she is asking to borrow my favorite pair of pumps for the school dance.  But she will just go to the dance with a group of girlfriends.  No boys.  Her daddy simply wouldn't have it.  Did I mention we're looking into purchasing a gun?

There you have it.  Some time in the last 8 years Zach and I went from being teenagers who thought we knew everything to being parents who dread the teenage years.  We often dreamt of the day when we went to college, we got engaged, we got married, we had children.  And here we are having met all those milestones, each sweeter than the one before.  

For all the major life events that have come and gone in our lives, I am certain that this adventure has only just begun for us.

Here's to living for the Lord and daily praying for the soul of our child, for she belongs to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment