11 January 2012

raindrops on roses

I actually love rain.  I love listening to pitter-patter on the roof when everyone is asleep and the rest of the house is quiet.  I enjoy driving through a storm, provided I have nowhere to go.  During summer rains, we have been known to take evening meals in our rocking chairs on the front porch.  And of course we can all attest to the bliss that is donning your most holey pair of sweatpants, crawling as deep as you possibly can under a blanket, and watching as much Sense & Sensibility as the men in your home will allow at the first sign of wet weather.

I'm pretty sure that Edward Ferrars is the dreamiest and most noble character in all of Jane Austen's works chick-flic land.  Make no mistake, I am not referring to Hugh Grant.  I am referring to Edward Ferrars.  There is a difference.  But that is beside the point.

I came here to talk about the rain.  It has been raining for days in these parts.  Off and on.  On and off.  I must admit, that all the sogginess is getting a bit tiresome.  Especially to this guy.


The younger one is feeling cooped up herself.  It's like she is beginning to grow out of her britches.  That might be because she is.  Some of her clothes are actually getting tight.  And she is an ole pro at holding that head up.  Before this rain ends, homegirl is likely to be studying her driver's handbook. 

I'm kidding really.  If she has noticed the lack of sunshine, she hasn't mentioned it to me.



But I should tell you, that Piper and Ike are becoming thick as thieves.  Smart girl, that Piper.  Didn't take her long to figure out that when it comes to the General, you're either with him or you're against him.  At the moment, he is pretty interested in his new "sister", but he is none too happy with us parents.  Teenage rebellion, I suppose.  Or maybe it's the fact that he is stuck inside with all this silly rain!  P.S. Is the following photo considered "endangering a child"?  I assure you, she didn't mind it. 



As you can see, we are all surviving the rain, but ready for the sunshine, especially since we are having a particularly warm January.  I've got big plans for outside-ness this weekend, provided the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment