10 January 2012

i had the strangest dream last night

I have always had strange dreams.  Ask my husband.  He is normally the one that I am waking up in the middle of the night to listen to my dreams.  I might add that he is usually pretty sweet about listening and calming me down when I have a nightmare.  Although, at one point during my pregnancy after a string of nights filled with bad dreams he figured out how to rub my shoulders and calm me down enough to go back to sleep without actually waking himself--as he had no recollection the following morning.  Homeboy is a hard sleeper.

Last nights dream was particularly weird.  Very Twilight Zone, minus the Rod Serling.  It was one of those dreams where I wasn't actually participating, I was just observing.  Maybe that makes me Rod Serling.-

The world is ending.  It was never clear exactly what was happening, but I imagine that there was a large comet heading for Earth or a devastating weather change, because all of humanity was trying to get into this large, protective dome. 

There are four men, each of whom is trying to gather followers.  They all claim that they can save humanity.  Three of them boast strength and power, insisting that they can protect all of the human race and life will carry on as normal.  They are certain that they can lead, but something inside me feels confident that their leadership style is one of dominance.  I think I even hear one of them talking about his plans for slavery and such evils once he is in charge.

The fourth man says very little.  He sits calmly and peacefully, and his truth is that despite predictions about the world ending, those who follow him will not be harmed.  He is homely looking, and dressed very poorly compared to the other men.  But he seems kind. 

Wars are breaking out and people are beginning to panic.  They all flee to the three charismatic men who promise safety from impending doom.  I for some reason feel drawn to the fourth man.  The strangest part of the dream was that he bore a striking resemblance to Robin Williams. 

Finally, the four men somehow end up locked inside the dome by themselves.  It soon becomes apparent that whatever catastrophe was heading for Earth has now been confined to the dome and they are facing certain death.  The three men begin to panic.  Their screams for help echo off of the round walls, but are not heard.  The fourth man continues to stay calm, and prepares to accept his fate.

There was no real conclusion to the dream.  There never is.  I woke up to the cries of the little one, as she was ready to eat.  When I crawled back in bed for a few more hours of snoozing, I dreamt that I was at Disney World.  I liked that one a lot better. 


I assure you this picture is not posed.  There is real sleeping going on here.
sag

1 comment:

  1. I see a sci-fi thriller in your future! Love the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete