16 December 2011

time you deceiver

I have found myself begging you to pass quickly ever since Piper was born.
"I'm ready for her to interact."
"I'm ready for her to be able to tell me exactly whats wrong, or what she wants."
Ever since she was born, I have been terrified of doing the wrong thing, or not being a super mom.  What I really want is validation from my daughter that I am her mother.
This week I realized I was cheating myself of this precious time while one of the grandmas was over holding her.
I got up and left the room while I was talking, and returned to find Piper gazing in my direction.  I didn't fully understand why until my mom said, "OH..she knows who her mama is."
What an inexpressible feeling of joy for your own child to know your voice.

Thank you for your time, but I'll keep her growing just the way she is.
sag

No comments:

Post a Comment