18 December 2014

Gilliam Family 25 Days of Christmas: Christmas Cheer!

One thing I love about this season is getting snail mail from friends near and far in the form of Christmas cards!  I love to display them and see how peoples' lives have changed and children have grown over the years.  This year I have taken particular time to pray for each of the people in the cards we have received, and it has been a wonderful time of remembering the ways that each of these people has been a part of our lives.  I must, however, give credit for that idea where it is due.

You may know my friend and mother-in-law, Cathy Baker, who writes at Fragrant Ink.  She is in the middle of a fantastic blog series called "Simple {Meaningful} Ways to Celebrate Christmas, which gives daily doses of the Christmas spirit.  My favorite post so far was this one, where she encouraged us to pray for the people in who sent Christmas well wishes as we received them.  All the other posts are wonderful, and take very little time in reminding us to pause to remember what this season is all about.

What a joyous thing it is to know that we live in community and can send up prayers on one another's behalf.  I should note that when I posted a similar notion to social media, several asked if they were still being thought of despite not having sent any Christmas cards.  The answer is a resounding YES! 


Here is our Christmas cheer display.  It's sits right above our dining room table so we can stare at it often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment