07 July 2012

checking in

I ran a 5k on Wednesday morning.  My time was nothing to write home about, but I reached my goal and was a sweaty mess as I crossed the finish line into the arms of cheering family members.

After finishing the race I have been training for in recent months, all motivation went out the window.  Which means I need a new goal to work towards.  A new 5k to look forward to...preferably in a new city.  With a new time in mind.

I had three goals (with a secret fourth one).
1.  Finish. Check.
2.  Finish, not in last place.  Double check.
3.  Finish without yelling at my faithful and supportive coach/husband.  Half check.  I wish you guys could see us.  He is shouting praise, telling me where to pick it up or where to prepare for a short uphill.  I'm snapping at him.  I'd say a "half check" will do us, and I'll work on it more.
(Secret 4.)  Finish in less time than it took me to run the course a few weeks ago as part of my training.  Check!


Isn't it horrible that sometimes I don't blog simply because I don't want to take the time to take/edit/insert photos.  It's the truth, ya'll.  It's the pictures.  And these lazy summer days.  And this terrible heat that keeps on keeping me from blogging.  And my not wanting to face the truth.  Be honest with you guys.  Put myself out there. 

But mostly it's the pictures.


I wish we could "feel" summer's haze without having to deal with the hot, sticky days.  But it's all too true that in order for us to sleep in, eat waffles dripping with homemade blueberry syrup, and peruse local farmer's markets that are overflowing with fresh florals and peppers that are as big as your head- it must be no less that 142 degrees outside with 99 percent humidity.  I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment