05 November 2014

Halloween

Halloween is my least favorite holiday, and it is definitely something we awkwardly dance around.  Neither Zach nor I have many childhood experiences with Halloween, and therefore we aren't really sure exactly what to do with it.  We don't necessarily find it right or wrong, we are just indifferent about it.

But having a three year old certainly gave us some inclination to participate and while we didn't go all-out, I did thrift some costumes together and we may or may not have visited a "Fall Festival" at a sister church. 

The results were completely adorable, and we may just quit turning out our lights and hiding under the blankets every last night in October.

Piper was Sheriff Callie from Disney Junior.  I cried at how this picture turned out, because she looks like such a "little girl".  We had most of these things on hand, but I spent a few bucks on that pink, foam cowboy hat (which I glued cat ears to) and a pink bandana.  I used a brown paper bag for the vest, and voila!  She had no idea that I didn't drop 35 bucks on a fancy Princess gown.


Gabe was a monkey!  He was so cute and so compliant.  I found this costume in perfect condition at a local thrift store for 4 dollars, and little did we know how chilly it would be.  His digs definitely won the award for the warmest!

Until next year..

No comments:

Post a Comment