04 April 2012

free pallet art

Surely I'm not the only wife who has begged her husband to stop by the seed and feed store down the street to ask them how much for one of their wooden pallets.

Thankfully I have a guy who occasionally indulges me because looky what he brought home a few weeks ago!  And the total cost:  zilch.


I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this priceless treasure, and got straight to work stenciling what has become a mantra for our family.  Zach has been telling me that he would like this quote from a poem by C.T. Studd somewhere in our home for ages.  Of course, I imagine he was thinking  more along the lines of a framed cross-stitch...

.

I used our free pallet and some stencils and paint that I already had in my craft closet.  Yes.  I have a craft closet.  It will be a proud day when Sweet P is old enough to partake.

I had to get over the fact that some of the letters turned out a bit wonky.  Zach said he liked it.  Gives it character.  He even added a bit of shelving.  And it hangs perfectly over the buffet in our dining area.


Free pallet art, meet free grace.  What a beautiful and sobering thought.

sag

1 comment:

  1. Not only do I like your use of a quote I well love, but also, I love the rustic charm of this project! (Antoher idea I might have to steal.) I would definitely hang this in my home.

    ReplyDelete