12 April 2012

daddys and daughters

I love seeing Zach as a dad.  And I love knowing that Marion Piper is going to have an example of a godly man when she begins searching for her own husband.


I firmly believe that the fact that my own father challenged me never to play dumb to attract attention or to settle was instrumental in my meeting and falling in love with Zach.  That, and a lot of grace from God.


Every night when we pray with Sweet P as she is going to sleep, Zach asks that the Lord save his daughter and that He, even now, would begin preparing a husband that will love her as Christ loves the church.  And every evening when Zach walks through the door after work, Piper's face lights up at the sight of her daddy.

 I fell in love with you
and that love became something new
it keeps getting stronger
than we ever could have longed
love keeps growing more love

                      -Caedmon's Call 

We are right now learning what it means to love and parent our children in a godly manner, and that means grasping the hard truth that Piper is not ours.  She belongs to the Lord.  

Praise God for such a beautiful and sobering truth, and dear Lord please give me grace to believe it.  I am so grateful for a husband that does believe it when he faithfully prays for the Lord to work in Piper's heart, and for the Lord to provide a godly husband to one day take her away from us, for that is what the Lord intends.




  sag

1 comment:

  1. Where are my tissues? So sweet -- and true. Piper is blessed to have such a godly daddy...and mommy! She's surrounded by much love and prayer.

    ReplyDelete