16 March 2012

a bit heavy for a friday

It's a thick seventy eight degrees in our small, but comfortable house.  Only March, the Southern heat has made an early appearance this year.  Although, with the fickle weather in these parts I don't even know why we still feign surprise at the changing weather patterns.  I pride myself on being a frugal, stay-at-home mom and resisting the growing urge to flip the relief switch and turn the AC on.

It is easy to congratulate myself in the daylight hours.  We have hit our stride with this four month old sweetheart.  She naps and eats like a champ.  She is easy-going, and the beauty of her dainty features, porcelain skin, and piercing eyes is undeniable.

Yet, sometimes when I enter her room to retrieve her from her crib after yet another excellent nap I find myself feeling completely unprepared for this.  I find myself questioning every decision we've made so far.  I find myself feeling helpless, like a child.

The truth is, I am helpless.  Sure I can only feed her organic food, and involve her in sports and extracurriculars.  I can teach her the difference between right and wrong, how to act appropriately in social settings.  But the fact remains.  Marion Piper needs the grace of God in salvation.

I pray daily and ache for it. 

Being a parent is fearing for your child's soul.  And finding rest in God's grace, alone.

sag

1 comment: