07 September 2012

what a stroll through Target can do for the soul


This is literally the story of my life.  Approximately 3 times a week, I feel the need to get out of the house so I go walk around Target.  I put no less than 34 items in my cart, only to realize I can live without them, and I do some soul searching and talking to myself.

Occasionally, I catch Piper's eye in the cart.  She let's out a small giggle, I lean down to give her a big smooch, and then I see this.


I instantly forget how good I have it, because I absolutely have to have those delightful tree prints and those delicious, lime vases.  I literally have to have them.  It's life or death.

And the space would be nothing without that glass bulb lamp and burlap shade.  How have we lived without until now.  Not to mention, I will simply die if I don't have a mustard colored hound's tooth throw on my couch.  It must be mustard colored.  And it must be hound's tooth.


And then I catch Piper's eye again.  This time she gives me a look.  She may not know what she's thinking, but I sure do.

While it's fun to look and mentally re-decorate every room in our house, if I'm not careful I'm coveting things I don't need.  Or I'm wasting the resources that God has given me.

Truth be told, today I almost came away with a pair of clearanced gold loafers.  The one item that would complete my wardrobe.  That is, until I discovered the next item that will complete my wardrobe.


A stroll through Target soothes my soul.  I gather my thoughts, and believe it or not, realize how incredibly blessed we are.  I get to meet people, via the giggles and antics of my sweet little girl, and sometimes I almost convince myself of a genuine need for metallic gorilla piggy banks.  Sometimes.


P.S.  I'm kinda kicking myself over leaving without those loafers.  They really were a good deal.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm still struggling with the new lay-out at the local Target. I'm not a big fan of change. I'd rather them have less groceries and more metallic gorilla piggy banks. :)

    ReplyDelete