11 September 2012

time is on my side

Today I want to quiet that nagging voice inside of me.  The one that tells me it's already too late.  She's growing up too fast.  The direction of your life is set and will not change.  You will not see or impact the world.  And you'll never own a green kitchen-aid mixer.

Maybe I won't.  But I don't care.

As for me and my house, and my family, and in my role as a wife and believer in the body of Christ:  we will serve the Lord.  It might mean doing the same things we've always done, just in a different way.  And it might just mean we are called to the ends of the earth, or to Laurens County, although I can't say for sure which is scarier.

My time is not my own, and I'm determined that we will not settle for anything less that the great plans that God has for us.  Because this is not my home, and one day I will walk with the Lord in the land of the living.

Amen and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment