14 May 2012

rainy days and mondays...

...always drain my motivation.

Since we last spoke, we've traveled a little bit; and we've been sick a little bit; and we celebrated Mother's Day a little bit.

This happened.


I got these flowers from my beloved.  On my very first Mother's Day.


We all had to laugh when our pastor, who very rarely deviates from a sermon series on behalf of cultural holidays (you know...the one's "just created by the greeting card industry"), deviated from a sermon series to talk about mothers.  He taught from 1 Samuel, about Hannah who was faithful to God.  She was unable to conceive.  She prayed earnestly for a child.  The Lord gave her a child, and she gave him back to the Lord.

I was simultaneously validated as a mother- which spoke to the lack of surety I've found in my role as a "SAHM"- and gently called to repentence- which spoke to my constant need to receive validation from sources other than my Lord.  Bottom line:  mother's have potential to change the world.  But not in a fame and glory kind of way.  In a bringing up children who have seen a demonstration of what it is to lead quiet lives in which we are faithful to King Jesus kind of way.  My heart is full this morning. 


And my girl is 6 months old.  And she sits up.  Be still my soul.  Our check-up is not until next week, so I'll share some stats then.  But you should all know that she is 6 months today and I'm pretty sure tomorrow she will be graduating high school and trying to leave me.  Our pastor also mentioned that little tid bit...about them leaving...even if they want to go off with some missionary. By God's grace I'm ok with it, at least for today.  


 
This morning, Zach and I were both up early.  We sat on the porch in the rain with the pup and our coffee.  Eventually the little one joined us with her bottle, and we had our own blissful 1/2 birthday celebration.  And we praised God for his goodness in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment